MHSA has launched its first ever Member Advisory Board to advise MHSA on policy issues and to help shape its advocacy. The board consists of staff at MHSA member agencies who will share insight about emerging trends and practices in addressing homelessness. The Member Advisory Board will elect a Chair, who will serve on the MHSA Board of Directors.
The Application Review Committee included Robin Callahan, MHSA Board of Directors; Mark Evans, Lynn Shelter Association; Mark Hinderlie, Hearth; Christine Palmieri, MHA; and Calpurnyia Roberts, MHSA. In selecting candidates for the Member Advisory Board, the Application Review Committee considered factors such as racial and ethnic diversity, geographic representation, leadership roles, and areas of expertise.
MHSA President & Executive Director Joe Finn said, “We are thrilled by the dedication, diversity, and high level of professionalism of the individuals selected. The new Member Advisory Board is truly a statewide body that goes beyond representing any one organization’s focus and instead will raise up the many economic, social, housing, and human service issues contributing to homelessness and speak to the necessary solutions. They will play a critical part in moving forward MHSA’s advocacy agenda.”
MHSA and the Application Review Committee are thrilled to officially welcome the inaugural members of the MHSA Member Advisory Board:
- Leah Bradley, Executive Director, Central Massachusetts Housing Alliance, Inc.
- Lyndia Downie, President and Executive Director, Pine Street Inn
- Jason Ercolano, Associate Director of Day Shelter Services, St. Francis House
- Danielle Ferrier, CEO, Heading Home, Inc
- Susan Gentili, President & CEO, South Middlesex Opportunity Council (SMOC)
- Erin George, Assistant Director of Housing Services, Action Inc.
- Brad Gordon, Executive Director/Staff Attorney, Berkshire County Regional Housing Authority
- Hariel Morency, Director of Behavioral Health, Hearth, Inc.
- Andy McCawley, President and Chief Executive Officer, New England Center and Home for Veterans
- Heidi Nelson, CEO, Duffy Health Center
- Theresa Nicholson, Director Diversion, Shelter and Housing, CHD
- Pamela Schwartz, Director, Western Massachusetts Network to End Homelessness
- Regina Small, Founder/Executive Director, A Home 4 Everyone, Inc.
- Lornece Tull, Director of Housing and Stability Services, HomeStart
- John Yazwinski, President & CEO, Father Bill’s & MainSpring
For more information about the MHSA Member Advisory Board, please contact Joyce Tavon, MHSA Senior Director of Policy & Programs at email@example.com