The Massachusetts Housing & Shelter Alliance, a nonprofit public policy advocacy organization that serves as the leading voice in the Commonwealth calling for an end to homelessness, is seeking a full-time Program Manager.
LOCATION: Boston, MA
POSITION TITLE: Program Manager
PURPOSE/OBJECTIVE: The Program Manager will administer several programs. The Program Manager will oversee contract and subcontract administration and renewal processes, monitor subcontractors for grant and regulatory compliance, and provide creative insights and problem-solving abilities to enhance program operations in service of MHSA's mission to end homelessness.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain positive and mutually-supportive partnerships with participating agencies in homeless services, community-based residences, recovery homes, supported and independent permanent housing providers, and public funding entities
- Maintain contracts and subcontracts with public funding agencies and service providers.
- Ensure MHSA's and subcontractor's compliance with contracts, subcontracts, and applicable regulations. Stay abreast of applicable regulations and implement program changes in accordance with such regulations.
- Maintain contact with program sites as needed to ensure appropriate utilization of resources. Monitor program sites.
- Represent MHSA at various relevant committees and working groups.
- Provide technical assistance and support to partners and subcontractors. Meet with partnering agencies to discuss and navigate the unique challenges of ending homelessness in the Commonwealth.
- Ensure appropriate data collection from provider agencies. Track monthly, quarterly and annual program data in an accurate and timely fashion. Prepare summary reports and analyses of subcontractor performance.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of meetings and training sessions with regional partners as needed for ongoing development and operations of programs. Review and disseminate statewide, regional and local resources to support program operations. Facilitate the linkage of public and private resources to provider agencies
- Think critically and creatively about how to enhance program operations. Work with others in the agency to design and implement process improvements.
- Provide other assistance deemed necessary for success of the program. Perform all other reasonable related duties as assigned.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to Director of Programs & Planning
STATUS: Position is full-time, 40 hours a week, exempt
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred
- Three years of experience working within a related field
- Familiarity with Housing First philosophy and interventions
- Superior time management and organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Ability to coordinate among several partnering agencies to meet a common goal
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with government grant-funded programs
- Excellent oral presentation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills necessary, including advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please email a cover letter, resume and three professional references to Alex Kontras at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Program Manager Application" in the subject line by March 25.
The Massachusetts Housing and Shelter Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.